Sunflower Electric Power Corporation(SEPC) is an Energy Generation & Transmission is a U.S. company headquartered in Hays, Kansas. The company provides electricity to a network of distribution co-ops and owns coal, natural gas, and wind electricity plants. Its mission is to provide adequate, reliable, long-term power supply and transmission services at the lowest possible cost.
Sunflower began phase one of its transition to Oracle Finance and HCM Cloud in 2016. The company delayed deploying phase two due to challenges with its complex Supply Chain requirements and EBS customizations. Sunflower was ready to continue its Cloud transition after vetting Infovity’s extensive multi-pillar Cloud SaaS Applications and PaaS technology expertise. Additionally, the increased security of the managed cloud applications helped with ensuring continued NERC CIP compliance. In all, Infovity seamlessly implemented supply chain management, maintenance, absence management, time and labor, finance, and all other integrations into various Oracle Cloud apps, completing the full migration from the legacy on-premise applications.
Sunflower’s overall goal was to automate manual processes, improve efficiency and reliability, and eliminate customizations in EBS. Infovity was able to remove some of the customizations in EBS with Time and Labor and Project Manufacturing & FERC Accounting. Sunflower’s legacy Plant Performance application (PPS) was replaced with an application delivered in Oracle PaaS, and with Infovity’s creativity and PaaS development, Maintenance Cloud was adopted before all required functionality was released.
The Infovity solution enabled Sunflower to:
- Increase security and reliability of the ERP, HCM, and SCM footprint with retirement of legacy systems
- Capture data for various power plants, performance calculations, and executive reporting
- Consolidate and access historical HR Documents, pay slips, and Documents of Record in SharePoint and Oracle Cloud
- Optimize procurement and supplier qualification processes to ensure industry compliance
- Wrap up and optimize a previously unfinished Procurement Contracts implementation
- Complete open enrollment in Oracle Cloud as promised in November 2019